Hello! So in place of my more formal book reviews I thought I would share some thoughts I had while reading this wonderful book! I did enjoy this book, it was the best book I have read all month. There are mild spoilers in this I guess but nothing really too bad. So let us jump right in shall we?
- This is not a Young Adult novel oops…
- I love this book and I am only on the first chapter!
- VAMPIRES!!! (Lord Ruthven is just ♥)
- Great; creepy killer monks, totally not nightmare fuel -_-
- Hell has a management system…
- I love that Vasse explains theology as a complex concept that humans have not mastered.
- Anna tries not to lure people to their watery doom in a puddle implies this has happened at least once.
- Sam sounds fantastic.
- I have so much angst towards the burning of the Library in Alexandria how dare they bring it up.
- But at least Cathedrals are prettier.
- We are going to call the entity God Orb- Later Evil Orb
- This is creepy as hell
- Ruthven talking about technology makes me feel stupid
- Am I in love with the idea of polished tin eyes? Yes, yes I am ♥
Tall-Dark-and Angsty ♥
- My opinion stands, I love Lord Ruthven
- Man Crush Monday- Lord Ruthven laughing about having to wear a bed sheet like a ghost
- Note to self: do not touch Ruthven’s good knives, go play with the sword instead
- I love that the house is burning and Greta is worried about the books- honestly same
- Sam sounds easy on the eyes
- Ruthven likes to shop-can he get any cuter???
I know these seem weird but they are pretty funny. At least to me. This book was so much fun to read I cannot wait for the second book to come out.